The product manager will report to the vice president of marketing and will have a key impact in managing the company’s existing product portfolio. The responsibilities include a combination of product, market, and channel-focused activities in support of the current products. The primary objective is to support a robust, customer-focused, profitable portfolio.
As a product manager, it is important to understand that you are a central hub within your company for a lot of critical information about your products, market, competitors, customers, prospects, key industry analysts, and many other constituencies.
To succeed, you will need to continually gather and analyze data and business intelligence from all of these sources (as well as your internal sources like sales and customer service) — and use this data to inform the evolution of your product roadmaps.
You will need to interact with a broad range of stakeholders and departments to ensure your products’ success, and you will need to translate the input and data gathered to build a case for many decisions you present in your roadmap.
- Drive growth and profitability across the current product portfolio.
- Conduct annual lifecycle roadmap.
- Prioritize the implementations of lifecycle launches and set specific timelines.
- Develop and manage detailed projects in support of product portfolio growth and lifecycle activities of current products.
- Manage day-to-day issues impacting product performance, availability, sales, fulfillment, and support.
- Prepare and manage product documentation and training vehicles for internal and external audiences.
- Monitor market and customer trends, competitor activities, and synthesize into recommendations and action plans.
- Coordinate with vendors to identify and address customer needs and market gaps.
- Drive strategies and plans with Operations, Marketing Communications, Sales, Supply Chain, and Customer Service to ensure proper planning, messaging, positioning, and execution of tactics and projects across the business and all market communication channels.
- Team Player/Good Partner
- Influence skills
- Strategic thinking
- Hustle – Get things done
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- 3+ years of marketing and/or product management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in business, marketing, or related field of study).
- Work experience in graphics, sign, and/or distribution a strong plus.
- Knowledgeable in current technologies.
- Experience in project management and planning.
- Solid analytical skills (business case development a plus).
- Strong computer skills including advanced Excel knowledge.
- Ability to work with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Extremely comfortable in a fast-paced environment (requires excellent time management and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional, potentially remote teams without formal authority.
- Must be able to travel at least 20% of the time.
- Ability to obtain and retain a passport.
ABOUT FDC GRAPHIC FILMS, INC.
- FDC is a leading supplier of wide-format digital media, overlaminate films, banner, sign films, and heat transfer films for textiles.
- Since 1988 this privately held company has sold to the sign and graphics market distributors, primarily in the US and Canada.
- FDC adds value by converting products from large rolls, cutting to length and width.
- The company is the industry leader in providing same-day shipment, breadth of line, and on-time reliability.
WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE FDC FAMILY?
- Established, family-owned, and growing company
- A top leader in graphic films distribution
- Comfortable dress code
- Education reimbursement
- 401(k) / Insurance: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, accident, & critical illness
- Relocation assistance may be available
To apply for this job please visit fdcgraphicfilms.formstack.com.