JOB DESCRIPTION – Warehouse position, large roll down has second shift available. As a Production Associate, you will perform the setup, operation, troubleshooting, and change-over of various machines to create products that meet the customer expectations and FDC’s standards for on-time, complete, and error-free orders.
|A. Production of a High-Quality Product: 90% of the Job
B. Teamwork & Mentoring: 5% of the Job
1. Uses strengths and skills to mentor/assist others for a growing team atmosphere and to meet or exceed delivery dates and customer expectations.
C. Other Areas of Responsibility (Non-Essential Functions): 5% of the Job
1. Supports leaders and other team areas as needed to create work enhancements and meet overall team goals.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any item with or without notice.
- Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Experience: 1+ years of related basic machine operating experience preferred; will train the right person.
- Certification(s): N/A
- Functional Skills: This role requires the ability to perform machine set up, operation, and light trouble-shooting. High attention to detail with an ability to read and understand documents, procedures, and specifications, along with the ability to match part numbers accurately. Basic math and counting skills are required. This role also requires strong prioritization skills, as well as an ability to multitask and problem-solve issues in a fast-paced environment to meet output goals.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Machine Operation
- Language Skills: Basic reading, writing, and verbal English communication skills
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong work ethic and values, focused on the customer and quality, and accuracy with the flexibility to move to priorities throughout the operation areas, following all Safety requirements.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Likes to work in a team environment with the ability to collaborate with others. A person who can listen to others, learn quickly and be independent to get the job done, yet flexible to adjust to the schedule, work location, or pace to meet the needs of production, while making good decisions, is highly important to our team.
- This role routinely uses measuring tools (i.e. calipers, tape measure) to perform quality checks of parts produced.
- This role routinely requires the use of general machinery and other manufacturing tools.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to stand for up to 7+ hours or more in one session.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, and work with the material, operate machinery, and other tools/equipment in a safe and precise way for 7+ hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs frequently using safe lifting practices.
- Ability to visually perceive color and distinguish between similar colors.
- Ability to visually read fine or small print, computer screens, and hand-held equipment frequently.
- Cognitive and reasoning ability to review procedures, compare products and specifications, and follow guidelines frequently.
- Ability to listen to vendors/others, problem-solve, and respond accordingly throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat, twist, push, pull, walk, stoop, crouch, climb, and carry items frequently.
- Ability to respond and be flexible to changing work demands as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and speak basic English.
- The employee is primarily exposed to an environment with moderate to loud noise.
- The employee is occasionally required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment.
- The employee will frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The temperature of the facility may fluctuate.
- No travel required for this position.
To apply for this job please visit fdcgraphicfilms.formstack.com.