JOB DESCRIPTION – Warehouse position, maintenance associate has first shift available, pay up to $28.00/hr commensurate with experience. As a Maintenance Associate, you will be responsible for performing general machine and facility maintenance and repairs to ensure safe and continual operation the meet the customer’s expectations and FDC’s standards for on-time, complete, and error-free orders.
|A. Effective Machine Maintenance: 70% of the Job
B. Effective Facilities Maintenance: 20% of the Job
C. Teamwork & Mentoring: 5% of the Job
C. Other Areas of Responsibility (Non-Essential Functions): 5% of the Job
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any item with or without notice.
- Education: A four-year apprenticeship/certification in maintenance preferred; or the equivalent with a High School Diploma, GED, and relevant work experience
- Experience: 3+ years of maintenance experience in a production environment preferred
- Certification(s): Forklift, High Lift, and related maintenance certifications/apprenticeship for production and facility as noted – Welding, PLC, OSHA (10/30 Hour & Energy Management) certification(s) preferred
- Functional Skills: General to advanced understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, plumbing, carpentry, and HVAC. This role requires working knowledge of safety requirements in the related facility and production maintenance areas. Ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, blueprints, dimensions, and production orders with basic math skills required. The position also requires a solid problem-solver/decision-maker; someone who pays close attention to detail and has the ability to plan, prioritize & utilize time efficiently. The fundamental application of 5S, Continuous Improvement, and Lean concepts is also preferred. Good working knowledge and experience with AC and DC driver controllers, including setting and troubleshooting.
- Driving: Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Solid PC skills, experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and maintenance software.
- Language Skills: Basic reading, writing, and verbal English communication skills
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong work ethic and values, focused on the customer and quality, and accuracy with the flexibility to move to priorities throughout the operation areas, following all Safety requirements.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Likes to work in a team environment with the ability to collaborate with others. A person who can listen to others, learn quickly and be independent to get the job done, yet flexible to adjust to the schedule, work location, or pace to meet the needs of production, while making good decisions, is highly important to our team.
- This role routinely operates heavy equipment to include forklift and high lift.
- This role frequently uses hand and power tools, tape measure, calipers, and other tools ‘
- This role uses PC, scanners, and fax machines as well.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to stand for up to 7+ hours or more in one session.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, and work with the material, operate machinery, and other tools/equipment in a safe and precise way for 7+ hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs frequently using safe lifting practices.
- Ability to visually read fine or small print, computer screens, and hand-held equipment frequently.
- Ability to visually perceive color and distinguish between similar colors.
- Cognitive and reasoning ability to review procedures, compare products and specifications, and follow guidelines frequently.
- Ability to listen to vendors/others, problem-solve, and respond accordingly throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat, twist, push, pull, walk, stoop, crouch, climb, and carry items frequently.
- Ability to respond and be flexible to changing work demands as needed.
- The employee is primarily exposed to an environment with moderate to loud noise.
- The employee is occasionally required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment.
- The employee will frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The temperature of the facility may fluctuate.
- No travel required for this position.
To apply for this job please visit fdcgraphicfilms.formstack.com.