DEPARTMENT: Customer Care Center (CCC)
REPORTS TO: Customer Care Manager (CCM)
DIRECT REPORTS: None
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt/Hourly
PRIMARY SHIFT HOURS: 12:00p – 8:30p Monday to Friday (Hours may vary to meet the needs of the business.)
JOB DESCRIPTION – We are seeking individuals who work well within an energetic team and are advocates for company growth and customer satisfaction. Individuals who are change agents by acting with integrity, being kind, being resilient, being engaged, and driving for success will make the best fit for our team.
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships and trust with customer accounts through open, responsive, and interactive communication.
- Respond to customer inquiries related to quotes, product availability, pricing, invoicing, and shipping information.
- Promptly resolve customer issues, provide appropriate solutions, and alternatives with a rapid response and follow-through to confirm resolution utilizing Zendesk email, chat, and phone call routings.
- Process a high volume of customer purchase orders manually and accurately into the ERP system daily in order to meet FDC’s On-Time, Complete, and Error-Free customer commitment.
- Engage in companywide Continuous Improvement initiatives and follow 5S standards.
- Provide solutions to customer requests for product samples, and marketing literature.
- Communicate back-orders and discontinued notifications to customers as appropriate, while suggesting substitutions and alternatives when available.
- Communicate with other departments to ensure follow-through of customer orders and requests such as part numbers, special orders, production exceptions, etc.
- Utilize the Zendesk platform to communicate with territory managers and customer care agents regarding customer engagement activities.
- Collaborate with territory managers to meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for running daily credit card transactions, communicating successful transactions to the shipping dept, contacting customers about failed transactions, and maintaining current customer credit card information.
- Generate and communicate daily reporting for the South Bend warehouse. Investigate low-margin orders.
- Review and organize purchase order documents to prepare for invoicing the next day. Serve as the “last check” for order entry reviewing orders for accuracy and exceptions.
- Responsible for printing and organizing all purchase order documents sent over from the Reno warehouse.
- File backorders daily. Maintain current open orders.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any item with or without notice.
- Prioritizing, multitasking, strong initiative, and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibits high-level attention to detail and strong time management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, within a team, and across departments in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop, maintain, and build relationships internally and externally.
- Possesses data entry skills, demonstrating high speed and accuracy, a basic understanding of invoices, shipping and handling charges, basic accounting, and financial skills.
- Must work with compassion, be open to change, and demonstrate flexibility.
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly and work independently with guidance as needed.
- Ability to work independently prioritizing workload and tasks in the evening.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, & SKILLS
- Previous experience working with distribution and/or knowledge of graphic arts or sign industry preferred.
- Previous success in a customer care/service role.
- Experience in upselling.
- Ability to communicate and articulate information both in written form and verbally.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet daily deadlines.
- Ability to learn new systems and follow standard operating procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong understanding of utilizing the Internet and navigating websites.
- Customer service background required.
- Two to four years of previous experience in an inside sales role or telemarketing role is desirable.
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate or BS degree in a business/sales/marketing-related field preferred).
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, and work with the office equipment and other tools/equipment in a safe and precise way for 7+ hours per day.
- Ability to lift to 25 lbs. occasionally using safe lifting practices.
- Ability to visually read fine or small print, computer screens, and hand-held equipment frequently.
- Ability to visually perceive color and distinguish between similar colors.
- Cognitive and reasoning ability to review procedures, compare product specifications, and follow guidelines.
- Ability to listen to customers/others, problem-solve, and respond accordingly throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat, twist, push, pull, walk, stoop, crouch, climb, and carry items frequently.
- Ability to respond and be flexible to changing work demands as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and speak core English.
To apply for this job please visit fdcgraphicfilms.formstack.com.