WHY CHOOSE TO JOIN THE FDC FAMILY?
- Established, family-owned, and growing company
- A top leader in graphic films distribution
- Clean & safe workplace
- Comfortable dress code
- Recognition & cash awarded as a Core Value Ambassador
- Cash rewards for referring your friends to work with you
- Education reimbursement
- 401(k) / Insurance: medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, short-term & long-term disability, accident, & critical illness
- Cash for reciting Customer Promise
- Monthly cupcake celebrations
- Split Shift – One (1) position (12:00p to 8:30p Monday – Friday)
JOB DESCRIPTION – As a Shipping Associate, you will handle the movement and shipment of materials to meet the customer’s expectations and FDC’s standards for on-time, complete, and error-free orders. This position will operate stand-up order pickers to pick orders and put away products.
- Effective prioritization and multitasking.
- Attention to detail and precision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet high production demands.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS SUMMARY
- Daily LTL shipments, packages, and drop shipments.
- Stock and pull inventory.
- Working knowledge of computers for daily BOL updates to Excel documents.
- Confirm boxed orders match customer, product, and shipping method.
- Process completed orders based on priority commitment to meet the FDC guarantee delivery.
- Secure multiple packages with a zip machine to ensure proper bulk shipping dimensions.
- Box orders requiring special packing.
- Coordinate with Customer Care on any order errors or missing shipping information.
- Coordinate with Production on missed orders in the shipping queue but not found in the shipping department.
- Set up and stage shipment orders per shipping logistics vendor.
- Daily safety check of shipping equipment, machinery, belts, shelving, lifts, and pallets, and report any maintenance required.
- Daily 5S at the workstation and throughout the warehouse.
- Other duties as assigned to flex to other departments.
|A. High-Quality Shipment of Product: 90% of the Job
1. Handles the inspection, staging, boxing, and shipment of the various materials/products in a complete, high-quality, and accurate way, following specifications and due dates.
2. Scans material and ensures materials/product matches customer specifications prior to stocking, staging, or movement to the next stage – or takes appropriate action to resolve.
3. Prints appropriate labels and/or paperwork with accurate data for appropriate item identification and shipment to ensure accurate and timely disposition.
4. Stages material in the appropriate area in an efficient and accurate manner to ensure accurate picking, preparation, and shipping.
5. Prepares material on appropriate roll holder or skid to maintain the quality of the product and ensure the full order travels together, where appropriate.
6. Ensures complete orders are shipped based on paperwork prior to shipping the order.
7. Monitors and investigates variances in the area to identify solutions and maintain high-quality and accurate inventory and system data.
B. Teamwork & Mentoring: 5% of the Job
1. Uses strengths and skills to mentor/assist others for a growing team atmosphere and to meet or exceed delivery dates and customer expectations.
C. Other Areas of Responsibility (Non-Essential Functions): 5% of the Job
1. Supports leaders and other team areas as needed to create work enhancements and meet overall team goals.
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Education: High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience: Must have 2+ years of material handling experience or similar work experience in a warehouse environment preferred; will train the right person who has excellent counting, visual accuracy, and PC skills. Previous experience working with distributors and or knowledge of graphic arts or sign industry is a plus but not required
- Certification(s): Forklift and High Lift experience preferred, or can be trained.
- Functional Skills: High attention to detail with an ability to read and understand documents, procedures, and specifications, along with the ability to match part numbers accurately. Basic math and counting skills are required, and so are basic tape measurement skills. This role also requires strong prioritization skills, as well as an ability to multitask and problem-solve issues in a fast-paced environment to meet output goals.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Ability to operate scanner and printer, basic computer skills to perform data entry into the computer system. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel preferred.
- Language Skills: Basic reading, writing, and verbal English communication skills.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Strong work ethic and values, focused on the customer and quality, and accuracy with the flexibility to move to priorities throughout the operation areas, following all Safety requirements.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Likes to work in a team environment with the ability to collaborate with others. A person who can listen to others, learn quickly, and be independent to get the job done. Yet, flexibility to adjust to the schedule, work location, or pace to meet the needs of production, while making good decisions, is highly important to our team.
- Must be able to pass required background and drug screen checks.
- Must be able to work occasional mandatory weekend overtime.
- This role routinely uses a forklift, pallet jack, and high lift to unload and store material.
- This role routinely uses a scanner, printer, and PC.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to stand for up to 7+ hours or more in one session.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist, and work with the material, operate machinery, and other tools/equipment in a safe and precise way for 7+ hours per day.
- Ability to sit, as needed, to operate general warehouse equipment (i.e. forklift).
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs frequently using safe lifting practices.
- Ability to visually read fine or small print, computer screens, and hand-held equipment frequently.
- Ability to visually perceive color and distinguish between similar colors.
- Cognitive and reasoning ability to review procedures, compare product and packing slips, and follow guidelines frequently.
- Ability to listen to vendors/others, problem-solve, and respond accordingly throughout the day.
- Ability to bend, reach, kneel, squat, twist, push, pull, walk, stoop, crouch, climb, and carry items frequently.
- Ability to respond and be flexible to changing work demands as needed.
- Ability to read, write, and speak basic English.
- The employee is primarily exposed to an environment with moderate to loud noise.
- The employee is occasionally required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment.
- The employee will frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The temperature of the facility may fluctuate.
- No travel is required for this position.
- Weekly pay
- Set schedules with overtime opportunities
- Paid vacation after six (6) months
- Paid holidays & sick days
- Attendance bonuses
To apply for this job please visit fdcgraphicfilms.formstack.com.