JOB DESCRIPTION – As the Production Supervisor, you will assist the Manager in all operations and shipping, including workflow to meet the customer’s expectations and FDC’s standards for On-Time, Complete and Error-Free orders. Reports to Reno Warehouse Manager.
|A. Effective Operational Management: 70% of the Job
B. Leadership By Excellence: 30% of the Job
The job criteria may include other duties, responsibilities, and activities, which may change or be assigned at any item with or without notice.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in operations, management, or relevant field; will consider the equivalent of course work and experience as well.
- Experience: 3+ years of management or supervisor experience in a related operations environment required.
- Certification(s): Forklift and high lift experience required.
- Functional Skills: Ability to review, manage, and establish action plans based on related operational statistics. Experience with Safety, Lean & 5S Concepts is preferred. Will require the basic ability to set up, operate, troubleshoot and change over machines to be able to train and mentor others. This role also requires strong planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing skills to meet the operational goals. Advanced math and analytical skills are also necessary to resolve obstacles and enhance operations in a fast-paced environment.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Basic Computer and machine operation skills.
- Language Skills: Solid verbal, written, and presentation skills are also required.
- Leadership/Behaviors: This role requires the ability to develop, mentor, and coach others along with the ability to promote and foster a positive work environment to motivate a team toward ever-increasing operational goals. A strong “lead by example” work ethic and values focused on profitability, quality, safety, and customer-focus are also important for this role.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Likes to work in a team environment with the ability to collaborate with others. A person who can listen to others, provide feedback, and influence a team to get the job done is very important in this role. Must be extremely driven and flexible to adjust the schedule and pace of a group to meet the needs of the customers, while making good decisions in the process, which is highly important to our team.
- This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines as needed.
- This role routinely uses hand tools and other equipment to train, perform quality checks, light maintenance, etc.
- This role at times will use heavy equipment, machinery, and/or general warehouse equipment to include forklifts and high lifts as needed.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Ability to stand for up to 7+ hours or more in one session.
- Ability to use hands and fingers to grasp, twist and work with the material, operate machinery, and other tools/equipment in a safe and precise way occasionally.
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs occasionally using safe lifting practices.
- Ability to visually read fine or small print, computer screens, and hand-held equipment frequently.
- Ability to visually perceive color and distinguish between similar colors.
- Cognitive and reasoning ability to review procedures, compare product and specifications, and advise others.
- Ability to operate a keyboard and view computer screen as needed throughout the day.
- Ability to write ideas/information in a logical flow as needed throughout the day.
- Cognitive and reasoning ability to read, review and interpret work orders or processes on a frequent basis.
- Ability to listen and respond on an on-going basis daily due to the nature of the work, throughout the day.
- Ability to communicate with others in-person, via email, or over the phone as needed throughout the day.
- Ability to problem-solve and respond accordingly throughout the day.
- Ability to sit, bend, reach, kneel, squat, twist, push, pull, walk, stoop, crouch, climb and carry items frequently.
- Ability to respond and be flexible to changing work demands as needed.
- The employee is primarily exposed to an environment with moderate to loud noise.
- The employee is occasionally required to wear suitable Personal Protective Equipment.
- The employee will frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts.
- The temperature of the facility may fluctuate.
- No travel required for this position.
To apply for this job please visit fdcgraphicfilms.formstack.com.